Wedding Planning Checklist for Coordinators
Wedding Planning Checklist for Coordinators
Whether you're a wedding coordinator or a couple planning your own wedding, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the number of tasks involved.
To help you stay organized, we've created a complete wedding coordinator checklist. This comprehensive wedding planning checklist covers everything you need to do as a coordinator.
3 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Vendor Review: Confirm all existing arrangements with vendors.
- Event Timeline: Develop a detailed timeline for the entire wedding event.
- Final Guest Count Confirmation: Confirm the final number of attendees with the caterer and venue.
- Seating Chart Finalization: Complete and review the seating arrangements.
- Wedding License Reminder: Ensure the couple has obtained their marriage license.
- Backup Plans: Develop contingency plans for weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Last-Minute Requests: Address any special requests or changes from the couple.
- Final Dress Fitting: Coordinate with the bride and/or groom for a final dress/tuxedo fitting if needed.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Vendor Management: Reconfirm details with all vendors and venue staff.
- Communication Plan: Establish that vendors should contact the coordinator on the wedding day.
- Logistics Coordination: Confirm vendors' setup locations and arrival times.
- Cultural or Religious Elements: Confirm any specific cultural or religious practices or traditions to be incorporated.
- Sustainability Considerations: Ensure any eco-friendly practices are prepared and communicated to relevant parties.
- Rehearsal Coordination: Assist with the wedding rehearsal, focusing on the processional, ceremony, and recessional.
- Wedding Party Briefing: Ensure the wedding party understands their roles and timings.
- Officiant Collaboration: Work closely with the officiant for rehearsal flow
- Ceremony Rehearsal: Conduct a brief rehearsal or walkthrough, especially if there are complex elements in the ceremony.
- Vendor Coordination Sheets: Distribute detailed coordination sheets to each vendor for easy reference.
- Digital Checklists and Updates: Utilize digital tools or apps for last-minute updates and checklist management.
Day-Of Wedding Responsibilities
- Hair and Makeup Scheduling: Coordinate timing and logistics with stylists.
- Vendor Deliveries: Oversee the delivery and setup of food, flowers, and other items.
- Wedding Party Assembly: Distribute bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres.
- Photography Coordination: Manage locations and timings with the photographer.
- Transportation Logistics: Arrange arrival and parking for the wedding party.
- Dressing Assistance: Help the wedding party with dressing.
- Emergency Kit: Prepare and have on hand (e.g., first aid, sewing kit, stain remover).
- Final Venue Check: Confirm all setup details at the venue.
- Personal Item Care: Take charge of personal items for the couple (e.g., phones, wallets).
- Welcome Signage: Ensure proper placement of welcome signs and directions for guests.
- Ceremony Readings and Vows: Ensure that all readings and vows are prepared and with the right people.
- Accessibility Considerations: Ensure arrangements are in place for guests with special needs.
- Time Management: Keep track of time to ensure the event adheres to the schedule.
- Guest Seating: Direct ushers/groomsmen for efficient guest seating.
- Ceremony Setup: Ensure proper arrangement of items like aisle runner, candles, etc.
- Audio Coordination: Finalize details with DJs/musicians, including sound checks.
- Ceremony Timing: Coordinate with the officiant and cue the start of the ceremony.
- Processional Management: Organize and cue the wedding party for the processional.
- Setup Supervision: Confirm correct setup of decorations and seating.
- Catering Confirmation: Align with the catering team on meal timing and specifics.
- Event Amenities: Set up the guest book, champagne flutes, cake cutting supplies, etc.
- Event Flow Management: Oversee the smooth transition between cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing.
- Special Moments Coordination: Align first dance, toasts, and other key moments with the band/DJ and photographer.
- Lost-and-Found Setup: Establish a designated area for lost items.
- Vendor Payments: Handle the distribution of payments and tips.
- Favor Distribution: Set up and manage the favor table.
- Gift and Décor Coordination: Ensure safe packing and transport of gifts and personal items.
- Transport Coordination: Arrange transportation for the couple and guests as needed.
- Emergency Response: Stay accessible for any troubleshooting or emergencies.
- Guest Comfort: Ensure comfort for guests, like having fans or heaters available depending on the weather.
- Children’s Area: If applicable, set up and supervise a children's area or arrange for a babysitter.
- Unexpected Guest Management: Be prepared to accommodate unexpected guests.
- Vendor Feedback: Gather and provide feedback to vendors. This could include online reviews or personal thank-you messages for their services.
- Item Returns: Ensure all rented or borrowed items are returned to the respective vendors or owners promptly.
- Thank You Notes: Assist in organizing and distributing thank-you notes to vendors, helpers, and guests as appropriate.
- Photography and Videography: Coordinate with the photographer/videographer for the delivery of photos/videos to the couple.
- Lost Item Return: Follow up on any items left behind by guests and coordinate their return.
- Honeymoon Coordination: Assist with any last-minute details or confirmations for the honeymoon, if part of your services.
- Review Meetings: Schedule meetings with the couple post-wedding to review the event and gather feedback for your services.
- Professional Photos for Portfolio: Request a selection of professional photos from the couple for your portfolio, if appropriate.
- Social Media Management: Offer to assist with or manage postings of wedding photos on social media, if required.
- Financial Reconciliations: Assist the couple with finalizing any outstanding payments or budget reconciliations.
- Wedding Dress Preservation: Guide or assist the bride in arranging for wedding dress cleaning and preservation.
- Memory Book Creation: If offered, assist in creating a wedding memory book or album with selected photos and mementos.
- Final Check with Venue: Ensure that there are no outstanding issues or items left at the venue.
- Anniversary Reminder Setup: Offer to set reminders for sending anniversary wishes or organizing future anniversary events.
Want to Send Text Messages to your Wedding Guests?
As a wedding coordinator, you understand the importance of wedding day communication. Text My Wedding streamlines wedding communication. You can schedule text messages in advance to go to some or all of the guests in a wedding, send rapid updates to guests when plans change, collect RSVPs from guests, and more!
Text My Wedding is the must have wedding planning app for wedding coordinators. Sign up now to make wedding communication easier than ever before!